Word Template

I’m attempting to create a document template for a client (and my sanity) which includes fill boxes at the top of the page and outside edges when the document is printed as a booklet.

Is there a way to group the fill boxes and the overlaid images/text and make them stick? Currently it is all done manually but having created styles for all the headings and ensured the margins are now mirrored in the document the graphics are shifting as each page as a slightly different amount of text.

Is there an easy way to do this in Word on a PC?

Hmm, maybe I need more information but does the rest of the document need to be edited, or is it JUST the information in the fill boxes?

If it’s just the fill boxes, you would be able to protect the document (with password if necessary) and then it only allows input into the fields and keeps the formatting and the rest of the doc ‘safe’. Although having said that, if you then add a lot of words into the field so it jumps onto two lines for example, then that would shift whatever is under it down a line.

Happy to take a look via Skype screen share if you want to show me visually… often easier than trying to explain in words :slight_smile:

Hi Ed,

No the fill boxes are just ‘pretty’ they’ve created them to give emphasis to the title text box (at the top) and appropriate attention grabbing graphic (at the outside of the page).

The remainder of the page is text. I’m updating that from the collated information I’ve been sent. That’s fairly straight forward.

Previously the person updating would manually tweak each page. Having gone through and standardised the document - introducing mirrored margins and styles for example, I then wondered if there was a way of dealing with the graphics being selected when typing. I don’t normally create such documents in Word but that is what the client has.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Would creating it as a protected form be a solution?

Ok, I get it… I think!

What you need to do is right-click on the picture (Assuming everything is grouped together as one ‘image’? and select Format Picture. Click on the Layout tab. Click on the Advanced button. Click on the Picture Position tab. Under both the Horizontal and Vertical selections, select Absolute Position, and pick “Page” from the drop-down menu at the right. Also, click on the checkbox that says “Lock anchor.” Now, your pictures shouldn’t move around the page (famous last words…)

Is that what you mean?

Thanks Ed - I’ll try that when I’m next working on the document!