So each year we compile a HUGE survey on all the UK’s VAs. It’s the largest survey of its kind and the only statistically valid one of UK VAs (in order to make it statistically valid, you must have results from 10% of the industry, so some 260 responses are needed from our membership of 2,600 members… The first 10% of the industry who completes the survey always get a free copy - everyone else has to pay. We think that’s the fairest way of doing it. Data collection takes about 2-3 months and the data analysis takes about the same (number crunching gets done by our friendly non-VA data analyst who volunteers their time each year, all data is anonymous).
So we have a variety of questions - we want to know what else you’d like to see in the report? I know we had the following requested:
- Ask not just about childcare responsibilities but also caring responsibilities
- Put in graph re what % of the industry earn £5k/£10k/£20k/£40k etc per annum.
- How many people have you personally referred to industry training providers/resources to learn to be a VA?
- % profit which the VA takes home from turnover
- Who do you think the worst payers are - big business or other sole traders?
- A “digital nomad” category included in the “where do you work from?” section