Introduction - PLEASE READ FIRST

Hello,

My name is Letty Scrimgeour I launched my own Virtual Assistant Company 19 months ago. I am based in Aberdeenshire Scotland and work with a variety of clients. Providing Administration Support and a friendly service.

My company is called KeyStroke Virtual Secretary Services Ltd and we can be found at www.keystrokevss.co.uk

Hi Letty

I’m about to disappear up north this afternoon for a little holiday - a beautiful part of the world!!!

Hi everyone!

I’m new to the forum but have been doing my business for nearly 2 years now, though properly concentrating on it for around 18 months!

I’m based in Essex and my website is www.kbvirtualservices.co.uk

I’m hoping to make coming on here a habit to check out the posts!

Karen

Hello Everyone!

I’m Selina from Bedfordshire, I launched my business earlier this year after finding out about VA services in the Guardian newspaper Xmas 2016. Glad to say I did - it’s a great opportunity to work for myself, learn new skills and continue to do what I love!

I have been a PA for 13 years and transitioning to a VA is one of the best things I have ever done!

I look forward to talking with you all!!

Selina

Hello Selina - welcome to SVA!

It’s funny how many PAs are making the leap to working virtually, and the City is really struggling to keep anyone at their desks these days.

Don’t forget to check out the newbie posts here:
societyofvirtualassistants. … rt-up-vas/

Virtual Domination!!! :slight_smile:

Brand new virtual assistant here - two people working as a virtual assistant to start off, maybe will branch into two virtual assistants in the future.

Take a gander at the website if interested:

legalvirtual.wixsite.com/mysite

Connect with us on Twitter: twitter.com/ParameciumMc
Some LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/virtual-ass … 287901156/

Any advice on attracting new clients please? Starting from scratch so first client needed!

Hello, I am Rebecca and I am a Mother to 3 boys, Wife and Virtual Assistant from UK.

My business has been active for 2 years and giving up full time employment was the very best decision I made.

Fellow Virtual Assistants - I hope you embrace and enjoy your career as I am.

Look forward to joining in on discussions!

Rebecca.

Hello Everyone

My name is Olu and i am just learning the ropes and setting up my own VA business.

made this a banner . It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user. #85

Hi everyone,

I’m Jen from Oxfordshire and i’m just on the brink of starting my new VA business after a (long) 18 months off work raising my daughter. I was unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it) made redundant whilst pregnant, hence the time is very much now for me to realise my dream and start my own business!

Business cards are going to print soon and I feel like i’ve got a pretty good grip on ensuring everything is ready to go in the coming weeks once my daughter goes into more full time childcare.

I’m excited but nervous in equal measure! I’ve really missed working and I’m keen to make my own money again :slight_smile:

Will be glad to be part of a network of other VAs and look forward to interacting with you all in the near future.

Many thanks,
Jen

Hello,

I am Emma from Gloucester.

I am just in the process of setting up as a VA, this website has been a life saver with its resources, thanks for the support and ideas.

Hi Bernadette, just came across your post on here and saw you are from Dollar. My aunt and uncle live there. Small world! :smile:

Hello. I’m new to this field. My goal is to become VA but don’t know where to start in order to make it my own business. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for having me.

I am fairly new too (at least to creating my own business) … and I have definitely learned that it’s a trial and error.

One book that I have found useful was Hill’s introduction to the business. It is written in such a discursive way that you can read it through quickly and then stop and go back to the important bits.

You can get it second had on eBay I think.

But starting a business is a strange combination of creativity and rationality. You need to think both of what you like doing best, and where it is likely that money will come in from.

I know there are mixed feelings in the community about it, but I decided to be a SubVA (or “Associate”) to a well established VA firm for over a year before going solo.
This post written by Caroline is quite useful to understand it better and maybe dispel some of the confusion about it all:

Hope that helps a little to start off with.

Anna

Hey! My names Lauren and I’m a new VA :blush:
I run Virtual Wales - a virtual business service based in South Wales :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I can’t wait to get stuck into this forum and meet so many likeminded people!

Hi Lauren - There are defo a few Welsh VAs lurking in those hills!! @carolemeyrick1 for one!

Welcome to SVA!

Oh brilliant! Thank you @caroline

Hi everyone!

My name is Mateusz Abramczyk, but you can call me Matthew if you prefer. I am based in Liverpool and I am a beginner VA (any tips for starting out as a VA would be helpful, thank you in advance).

Hi Matthew! Welcome to SVA… you might find our Amazon link for start up VAs useful: