How much do you spend on your website annually?

I concur :wink:
Enjoy the :gift:

My website hosting is with siteground.com. A lot of VAs that I know in the US recommended it, so I set it up and purchased a yearโ€™s hosting for ยฃ58, but this gives me the option to have several websites on the same hosting platform. Not sure why I did that, but I always think I need more than I really do. In reality I do think I will get around to completing a few personal projects in the future, so that is why I have a larger package than maybe required for a solo business.

I created the site myself using the Divi theme from Elegant Themes. I purchased a lifetime license with them so it is hard to quantify what that annual figure is, but letโ€™s say ยฃ20 a year. Again may well have purchased more than I need, but that was me thinking ahead again, which sometimes works out and sometimes does not. LOL

I was somewhat apprehensive about trying to create it myself, as I had never done that before. It felt really overwhelming and I procrastinated for quite a while, but then I was corresponding with a prospective client and my old website really did not cut it, so I jumped in. I could have paid someone to do it but a) I really wanted to learn how to do it myself, and b) because I was in a crunch situation I knew that I could do it quicker at that stage than anyone else.

It was much easier than I thought, but also longer than I thought, because we can all get carried away trying to make it perfect. I just gave it a shot over a week period and then felt it was okay and let it go. LOL I specificaly chose siteground and elegant themes as my service providers because I was doing it all myself. They both have fantastic reputations, and are constantly developing and growing their service, and offer amazing customer service. They also make it incredibly easy to use.

I have not messed with SEO in any shape or form, but will look into Yoast at some point soon. Mostly because I just want to know how to implement. I understand SEO quite well just from being on teams that work with it, but doing it myself is a whole other ballgame. But it does not feel that important to me, and maybe I am wrong, because I do not market my business in a general sense. For SEO at the moment I feel like Iโ€™ll get to it when I get to it, but I suppose need a more defined deadline than that or it is another thing I will procrastinate about.