Hi from Devon

Hi, I’m Jeanette and I’m from Devon.
I’m in the process of setting up my VA business (Wren VA) doing WordPress services, website management and general tech support. I’m also thinking of ways I can help people who self build websites and want someone they can ask questions of or get help/advice from. I’d been casually helping out friends and friends of friends for years with the website and tech side of their businesses and suddenly realised it was a potential business for myself.

I’ve got two teen kids that I home educate and and I look after my elderly mother so I’m only going to be working part time initially. I was so happy to come across this forum and it’s so good reading other people’s stories.

I’m naturally a shy and introverted person and struggle with anxiety so I know this is going to stretch me in ways I might find uncomfortable until I get more used to marketing myself.

Hi Jeanette

Congratulations on setting up your business. It sounds like you’ve got some great skills, tech VA’s always seem to be in demand.

One of the reasons I became a VA was to push myself out of my comfort zone. I suffer from severe social anxiety and oh boy has it pushed me, but I’ve come such a long way (I wouldn’t even have been able to post this reply a year ago!). The great thing is you can take it at your own pace. I’m sure you’ll find your confidence in no time.

All the best with your business

Emilie