Hello from Staffordshire

Hi everyone, I am Hannah from South Staffordshire. I have been a VA now since September, providing traditional, travel, customer services social media, and more. I am really enjoying it. I have a few clients of my own who are building steadily and am also an associate to a couple of other amazing VAs.

I have 16 years of experience in travel, customer services, and administration and took the plunge after being made redundant from a Business Travel Company at the end of the first lockdown. It has allowed me to work around my 2 toddlers and endometriosis flare-ups, I will be increasing my hours shortly after my youngest heads off to preschool and I finally get my operation for my endometriosis in the coming months (I will also be looking for an ad-hoc associate in a few months time as well) exciting times.

I look forward to meeting some of you.

Hi Hannah

Welcome to SVA!

You’ll be wanting our guide to booking travel most probably, which is slightly more complicated for VAs, rather than as an employee: https://www.societyofvirtualassistants.co.uk/2020/09/15/booking-travel-as-a-virtual-assistant/

Those hours at preschool make such a difference, even though it seems silly, but suddenly you aren’t forking out £££s every week and actually have some time back. Enjoy it!

There are a few VAs with endometriosis and they’ve found that the flexible workload really works for them around managing their symptoms. In fact one who appeared at the VA Conference a couple of years back credits the condition with her building a better business because she needed associate cover from Day 1.

Hi Hannah,

I live in South Staffordshire too! I still work fulltime & do my VA business on an evening & weekends.

Good to meet you.

Fiona

Having them in preschool definitely helps and working around them and endometriosis means a lot and one of the reasons I took the plunge. I am so happy that I have best decision I made.

Thank you for the link I will check it out.

I can imagine that takes excellent time management skills. I understand the pressure as I did my degree when working full time it takes skill!

Hi

I am in Staffordshire too - Stafford. Welcome.

Bec