Hello from London

Hi everyone - I’ve been lurking on this site for quite a while now as I started my VA journey over a year ago while I was pregnant with my son. Theo is now 7 months old and I have finally managed to officially launch my VA business - www.auroravea.com

I’m so grateful to all of the contributors here for the really helpful advice - and I hope to be able to take a more active role on this site in the future and really become part of the community.

My background is in corporate legal - I was an EA for 15 years for a large international law firm and then spent the following five years in the IT department of the same firm working on project delivery and business relationship management.

I’m really excited to be here - I think this forum will definitely be invaluable during those times when I feel a bit wobbly about setting up on my own! I’m very proud to be part of such a brave, motivated and inspiring community of people.

Hi Clare,

Firstly, huge congratulations on stepping out on your own! You sound like you have a wealth of experience and passion to bring to the role and the community.

It is indeed a hugely supportive community and I certainly haven’t looked back since becoming a part of it myself.

Wishing you every success in your venture.

Hannah

Hi Claire

Well done you and I echo what Hannah said, those first few steps into self employment are the scariest but SVA is a fantastic support network - collaboration not competition, all the way!

Best wishes

Annette

Hi Clare,

Welcome to SVA :).

Well done for everything you have achieved with your business as well as having a 7 month old.

You should be really proud of yourself.

The group really has helped me gain confidence and knowledge, I set up when my daughter was a year old, she is now 3 :slight_smile:

Good luck with everything.

Thanks everybody for your warm welcomes!