Hello from Cambridgeshire

Hello everyone!

Being a newbie around here, I thought I should introduce myself.

I’m Emilie and I live in a little village called Sawtry with my fiancé Chris.

What I’m up to at the moment: I’ve recently set up Ashwood VA and I am currently at the famous ‘looking for my first client’ stage. I’m also at the final stages of @AmandaJohnson VACT Mastery Course, which has been incredible! I’ve loved my journey so far, and I can’t wait to crack on with helping and supporting some clients.

Where I’ve come from: I graduated with a Bachelor of Laws and went on to work in a Conveyancing firm. I had many-a-role there, including case manager, office-wide admin support and locum for the senior case managers. I loved supporting my clients and colleagues, but it came at a price - I was permanently exhausted, working far too many hours and not looking after my own wellbeing (not that I realised any of that at the time!) My redundancy was a blessing in disguise. I took it as an opportunity to re-evaluate and make some positive changes in my life.

I can honestly say I have never been happier. I am really looking forward to experiencing the ups and downs of being a VA. I can’t wait to get to know you all and become part of your wonderful community.

Thank you for the mention - I love supporting you on your VA journey, Emilie. Exciting times ahead of that I am sure.

Hi Emilie, and welcome!
I’m at the same stage as you, and my introduction into VA life was similar. Though I wasn’t made redundant, I just up and quit as my job was having a serious impact on my health.
I currently have no income, but I am doing my own thing and my health has improved dramatically. Can honestly say, I’m loving it - despite the lack of clients :sweat_smile:
Best of luck on the start of this exciting journey!
Emma

It’s fabulous isn’t it Emma! Well done for making the decision to quit your job. If i’d have known what a difference it would make I would have quit years ago (isn’t hindsight wonderful :joy:). It looks like it’s onwards and upwards for the both of us. Good luck with it all, hopefully I’ll see you around!