Demand for Real Estate VAs?

Hi All,

Hope everybody is doing great :slight_smile:

I worked as a real estate VA since 2008. Did not get any formal training for it. The broker whom I worked for helped me a lot and taught me all things real estate. I am now planning to offer an online course for those who wish to work as real estate VAs. But, not sure if there is a demand for such a course. In other words, I am trying to identify if I have a target audience for a course that would teach you on how to become a real estate VA.

Do you have any suggestion on how I can carry out this research? Are there any websites that I could use? Any suggestions?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Maryam

Maryam - I think you’d need to prove there is a market for it…

Property and Real Estate is the 4th biggest market sector for VA clients according to the UK VA Survey, but I suspect if the VAs are already providing services to this sector, they wouldn’t necessarily buy a course. Plus you would have to have some kind of a track record to prove that your way of working is the best way… Have you? And has it been replicated by other VAs (that’s a biggie!)?

Also - check with RICS about confidentiality and maybe some kind of dictionary… I know one used to exist but I couldn’t find it when I went to look for it for another VA recently. That might be useful, as I know it’s something I get asked for from VAs occasionally.

Hope that helps!
Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will look into these.

Many thanks!

HI Maryam, I also work in the Property Industry for a client. Much of what I do is learnt from working with this particular client. Not sure how much of it can be replicated to other businesses. Personally, I would not be interested in a course as the training was on the job.

Cheers

Paddy