A big hello to you all from Newcastle

Afternoon all, just thought introduce myself. I have recently joined the Society of VA’s having been in the process of setting up my own VA business over the last few months. My head is spinning with all the things there is to think about but I am getting there and I recently signed up my first client so… fingers crossed more will come.
I used to be a PA where I currently work until the role was made redundant. I was transferred to a different department but the work really doesn’t float my boat. However, I’m working full time hours over 4 days and from home (thanks to Covid) and I really don’t want to give either of those things up - so I thought, what can I do that would allow me to work the hours I want from home - and so Sage VA was born. I am still working full time at the moment but hoping that my business takes off so I can just work for myself… that’s the plan anyway! :grinning:
Oh - and my website should be live soon too :sunglasses:

Gosh…I’m in a very similar position. Still working, got my first client, website being built and logo/branding almost signed off. Aiming to put my notice in at the month end.

I’ll be sad in some ways to leave my job but the company has changed and not for the better so I’ve been there when it was at it’s best. I’m excited by the new challenge, freedom and flexibility this will allow me to have.

Good luck with your new business. I’m not that far away in North Yorkshire and try to get breaks up in Northumberland where we have a caravan sited between Seahouses and Beadnell Bay. Love it up there - it’s my second home.

Good luck ladies. You will surprised how quickly you will pick up business. Network and tell everyone about what you do as word of mouth and recommendation is how I have found most of my clients.

:smile: